Social media broke me after cook-a-thon – Chef Dammy

Breezynews
2 Min Read

Nigerian chef, Damilola Adeparusi, popularly known as Chef Dammy, has spoken candidly about the struggles she faced following her rise to fame during her 2023 cook-a-thon attempt.

In a snippet of her interview with Instablog9ja, posted on Thursday, she revealed that she wasn’t expecting the cookathon attempt to go viral.

She said, ‘My interest in cooking started when I began living alone as a student. Even the cookathon, I didn’t know it was going to be viral. I didn’t even tell my parents about it; they just saw me. I was shocked to see myself on social media’.

Chef Dammy added that the cyberbullying she experienced left her emotionally drained and overwhelmed as she wished she could forget the experience.

‘If you had asked me this question two years ago or a year ago, I might be crying. But now I’m happy I can talk about this without crying.

‘There was a time in my life I was even telling God, ‘Can this wait a bit? Can I at least forget some things?’ I felt overwhelmed. The cyberbullying was just a little compared to what I experienced in real life. I was bullied, I was assaulted. I was broken. Social media broke me’, she said.

Earlier in February, it was reported that Chef Dammy officially commenced her professional culinary training at the Hospitality Business School in Lagos, where she is pursuing a professional chef diploma, the Professional Culinary Art Chef course, on a full scholarship.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *