Nollywood filmmaker and actor Kunle Afod has appealed to the public for assistance for veteran actor Opebe, who is battling an undisclosed illness.
Afod made the appeal on Friday during a visit to Opebe’s residence in Ibadan, Oyo State.
In a video shared on his Instagram page, Afod described the veteran actor’s health as deteriorating and called on Nigerians and well-meaning individuals to offer support.
“Our fans, we have come again this time around for one of our elders in the industry, Baba Opebe. He’s not feeling healthy. His health is diminishing,” Afod said.
He urged anyone who could provide medical assistance or recommend an appropriate healthcare facility to come forward.
“Please, if you know where we can take him to or any support you can give to him, please let’s help him. Nigerians, we want your support, we want your help. Please come to his aid,” he said.
Speaking about his condition, Opebe said he had been away from the screen because of his health and had undergone several medical tests without receiving a specific diagnosis.
“I have been away from the screen because of my health. I have done a series of tests but nothing was found,” he said.
The actor said doctors had only informed him that he was short of blood, after which he received four pints of blood.
He added that he had been dealing with the condition since last year and had visited several hospitals, but his health had continued to deteriorate.
“I was not diagnosed with any illness but it’s now getting worse,” Opebe said.

