Home News Crime Technician electrocuted erecting billboard

Technician electrocuted erecting billboard

1 min read
0
0
27

A technician identified as Badmus Ola has reportedly died of electrocution in the Kajola area via Owode-Egba, Ogun State.

An eyewitness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told newsmen that the incident happened around 4.45 pm on Christmas Day.

It was learnt that the technician, along with five others, had been contracted to remove a billboard in the area and replace it with a new one.

However, while replacing it with another one, the deceased victim was said to have held on to an iron rod.

The source told this newspaper that Ola was electrocuted when the iron rod he held mistakenly touched the high-tension cable.

Confirming the incident to Newsmen on Tuesday, the state Public Relations Officer, Superintendent Odutola Omolola said the corpse had been removed and deposited at a mortuary in the area.

“It happened yesterday (Monday) when they were removing a billboard. He died instantly. The corpse has been deposited at the Idera Hospital Morgue”, Odutola said.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Breezynews
Load More In Crime

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

50-year-old man dies watching football match

A yet to be identified man has died allegedly watching football in an open bar along Lagos…