President Muhammadu Buhari has reshuffled his cabinet, less than a year into the end of his tenure. This situation is necessitated by the exit of some Ministers recently to contest in the various primaries of the ruling All Progressives Congress leading to next year’s general elections.
Eleven ministerial positions are affected in the exercise.
Below is the list of the ministers’ new portfolios:
- Dr. Adeleke Mamora (Minister of Science and Technology and Innovation, from Minister of State for Health)
- Alhaji Mu’azu Jaji Sambo (Minister of Transportation, from Minister of Power)
- Mr Umanna Okon Umanna (Minister of Niger Delta)
- Mrs Sharon Ikeazor (Minister of State, Niger Delta, from Minister of State, Environment)
- Senator Gbemisola Saraki (Minister of State, Mines and Steel Development (from .inister of State, Transportation)
- Alhaji Umar Ibrahim EI-Yakub (Minister of State, Works and Housing)
- Mr Goodluck Nanah Opiah (Minister of State, Education)
- Dr Ekumankama Joseph Nkama (.inister of State, Health)
- Mr Ikoh Henry Ikechukwu (Minister of State, Science and Technology)
- Mr Odum Udi (Minister of State, Environment)
- Mr Ademola Adewole Adegoroye (Minister of State, Transportation)